The Land Protection Branch of Georgia EPD recently announced several organizational changes. The reorganization became effective on August 1, 2012.
Included among the Branch reorganization are:
• The position of Assistant Branch Chief has been established and is held by Jeff Cown
• A new Special Projects role for data management and work process improvements is held by Renee Hudson Goodley
• Response and Remediation Program now includes the Brownfields Unit. Derrick Williams has assumed the role of Program Manager, moving from the Underground Storage Tank Program
• The new Program Manager for the Underground Storage Tank Program is Lon Revall
• Acting Manager of the Solid Waste Program, pending selection of a permanent program manager, is Melanie Henry
• Jan Simmons heads the Hazardous Waste Management Program, under which the Hazardous Waste Compliance Program and the Lead and Asbestos Unit have been consolidated
• Jim Brown leads the Hazardous Waste Corrective Action Program, and part of the Hazardous Waste Management remediation projects and associated staff now fall under that Program
• The Waste Reduction and Scrap Tire Units are being consolidated into the Solid Waste
For more information on environmental law topics, please contact one of the Burr & Forman team members for assistance. We are happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have.